Lots of stuff going on so here we go...
So far so good - Preferred Suppliers Simon's list has started...
As promised I indicated I would attempt
to start pulling together a list of
preferred suppliers. It's kinda difficult to approach these people and let
them know what we're up to as the actual volume of people wanting their
services from the club will generally be few and far between. Anyway...
1) Aluminium Engineering
89 Old Pittwater Road
Tel: 9939 6319
Recently did some welding on my headset. You generally can't just use any welding company as the scoots require either Tig or Mig welding. These guys did a good job, stuck to their quote and turned the job around quickly.
9 Powells Road
Tel: 9905 2535
Industrial engineers supplies. Great for stainless steel screws, nuts, washers, bolts etc. High quality pieces to help finish a job properly and avoid rust that you get with cheaper non stainless steel products. Hopefully, more to come in the coming months.
If you know of someone that provides good service for scooters (e.g. a panel beater or upholster) pass the details on to Simon at the meeting or email SimonH@ideaworks.com.au
Club Patches - we have new club patches, so anyone wanting some they are $6 each.
Club T-Shirts - Simon has gathered some designs together for the club. Check them out at the next meeting.
For Sale - Vespa PX 200 standard exhaust, good condition. Offers. See Paul
Wanted - I am seeking a Lambretta GP200 exhaust - the one that finally fell off and broke into three pieces was an old aftermarket Fresco exhaust. Anything will do - standard, expansion chamber style, anything that'll work with a largely standard engine. Due to my absolutely shite money situation, I seek cheap and servicable rather than flash and expensive! Anyone who may care to assist can either see me at the next meeting, email me on email@example.com, or call me (Colin) on 0408 401484 anytime.
* Wednesday 7th March, Club Meeting - This meeting we will discuss club stuff at the destination of the ride out. This is so we can hear each other and concentrate on at least a few club things. Will have a ride out to the London, in Balmain and find a quiet spot in there. The usual routine, meet at the Duke at 7:30PM, leave soon after and then back later. Agenda: T-Shirts, Next Ride, Patches, Easter Run (Who's going), March Run,
* Casual Run Somewhere - I know you are all itching to go for a ride. At the club meeting we'll be deciding on where to go this month. Get you're thinking caps on and get ready to ride.
* Wednesday 4th April, Club Meeting - Stay tuned.
* Joyride 2001 - Following the success of last years event, Corrado is seeing if there interest this year. If there is maybe there will be another Joyride and some more happy kids.
* 13th to 16th April 2001, Scoot First -
Easter National Scooter Run Lake Cathie
Destination - Lake Cathie - 16km South of Port MacQuarie N.S.W. Unofficial Campsite, opposite Lake Cathie Bowling and Recreation Club. Approx. 580kms from Brisbane and 385kms from Sydney. Bring - Swimming costume, sun protection, tent, BYO alcohol for Good Friday, and of course your scooter. A service station, takeaway shop and bottle shop etc. are all within walking distance. The camp site has toilets, showers and barbeques.
Cost - Camping is in a public recreation reserve so no fee charged. Bring money for food, alcohol, patches and fuel.
The Plan -
Friday - Arrival at camp site, music and drinking on-site
Saturday - Rideout to Port MacQuarie, Scooter fun, Drinks at Bowles Club
Sunday - Gymkhana & prizes, drinks at Bowles Club or on-site
Monday - Recover and Go home!
Contact Brenton in Qld for any information (07) 3397 4680
* Friday 27th April 2001, Don Hosie Memorial Concert, Metro - When singer, bandleader and all-round legend of the Sydney music scene Don Hosie died in a tragic car accident last April, it was decided to establish a fund in his name to support talented musicians, release records, and tour like-minded international acts. Anyone familiar with Don's bands The Sets and Stupidity would know the type of music we're talking about here - high energy rhythm and blues with big doses of mod and British pub rock influences. It's been announced that the first annual fundraiser will be held at the Metro on Friday 27 April, a year to the week after Don's accident. His brother Gary, who co-led The Sets in their volcanic live performances, will front a reformed Stupidity for this special event. The full line-up of special guests will be announced shortly, along with details of a special issue of Modern Times fanzine, and limited edition CDs available only at the show. Meanwhile, pencil the date in those diaries.
Happy Scooting - Sydney City Scooter Club